Walk to End ALS

Peggy@99-1 is proud to support the ALS Society of Manitoba and the Walk to End ALS on Saturday, June 18th!

Register Today and start collecting pledges! Manitoba – Walk to End ALS

We are excited to announce that we are once again looking forward to an in-person Walk to End ALS! Time to dust off those walking shoes and step out into the beautiful surroundings of Assiniboine Park for a morning of fresh air and raising money to contribute towards client services and research.

The Walk to End ALS is the largest volunteer-led fundraiser for ALS Societies across Canada. Family-friendly and fun, it unites Canadians in their desire to put an end to Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, also commonly known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease. Celebrate hope for a future without ALS. Honour those we have loved and lost. Show support and give hope to clients and their families living with this disease.


Your fundraising efforts and generous donations enable ALS Societies to provide community-based support to people and families living with the disease and support the best ALS research in the country.


Sixty percent of proceeds directly benefit the ALS Society of Manitoba, enabling us to provide community-based support to people affected by ALS/MND. Support varies by province based on the gaps within the healthcare system and can include educational information, referrals to local health care and community services, equipment assistance, home visits and support groups.


Forty percent of proceeds are directed to the ALS Canada Research Program where they are invested in the best ALS research in Canada awarded annually following a peer-reviewed competition.


  • In 2022, 40% of funds raised through the Walk are being earmarked for a match from Brain Canada, to a maximum of $1 million. Please note that the other 60% raised will fund community-based support and is not eligible for the match.
  • Matched funds will be invested in ALS research in 2022.
  • Charitable tax receipts will be issued for all donations received in 2022 and in accordance with Canada Revenue Agency guidelines will be for the donation amount only. Donations will not be designated for a specific research project, professional, institution, or area of study.
  • The Canada Brain Research Fund is an innovative partnership between the Government of Canada (through Health Canada) and Brain Canada, designed to encourage Canadians to increase their support of brain research, and maximize the impact and efficiency of those investments.